“There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.”
Oh goodness, my brain is quite frazzled after grading lots and lots of papers. I’m currently sitting on my couch, huddled under two blankets (it’s coooooold!), listening to kids Trick-or-Treating outside. I just heard one boy shout at another: “HEY, ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BE G.I. JOE? OR BATMAN?” Ha! If it wasn’t completely dark and extremely cold out, I totally would have run outside to sneak a peek at that costume. I mean, seriously, what sort of costume was the kid wearing? Combat fatigues with a cape? A military uniform with bat ears? Inquiring minds want to know!
Anyway, it’s time for a Halloween-ish post!
1) Halloween morning sky & trees. Such bittersweet ephemeral loveliness:
2) Some lovely leaves on my porch:
3) Dapper Mister Pumpkin says “OH HAI!”:
5) Here’s baby me, dressed as a ballerina for Halloween. It’s probably from ’80, but I don’t know for sure:
I look a little bit like a tiny ballerina version of Don Corleone. See?:
6) I love watching It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown every year (the post’s title is one of Linus’s lines from it). I ♥ Linus. Aww!:
More soon! ♥